Stage Four Done

Apologies readers I have become a bit engrossed in myself, just to ensure I remain focused and conserving all my energy for the daily ride. This is a big tour, a statement by the organisers that winning the TdF is the most sought after cycling achievement. The organisers have deliberately set out to exhaust the riders before concluding stages with significant challenges.

I came in feeling a bit broken - I wasn’t the only one. For tomorrow’s stage I will re-assess my riding strategy. I need to hold something back for the final 40km. We did 215km on Stage Four.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well done with Stage 4. It does look a very tough tour on paper.

How is the bike doing? I was reading the French cycling magazine 'Le Cycle' yesterday and they have an article this month on your bike. It gets glowing praise - " an incredible record of achievements"; "it astonishes with its comfort on the road and its versatility"; "very dynamic, easy acceleration, every watt is transferred to the rear wheel which increases the sense of thrust and efficiency" Excuse the clunky translation! I was astonished to discover that you buy the bike and then have to pay extra for the pedals...Who knew!
Wife said…
He says "it rides itself" - has the correct gear figuration unlike the bike he used for TdF 2015. He sounds so utterly exhausted, I cannot imagine how he would be feeling if the bike was less "automatic". Re pedals, has anyone bought a new car from a garage and been given complimentary rubber mats? We haven't!

Popular Posts