Stories from Albi

Just sitting quietly having eggs on toast in my hotel and an elderly couple join me at my table. We say hello and I inquire about their reason for being in Albi. They live on Costa Blanca, Spain. Originally from Manchester they were mid journey to see family in Manchester. Aged 86 and 85, they are driving the whole journey and asked me how far it is to Calais. On top of their long journey, last night they had a blow out on the motorway, changed the wheel themselves! When we met this morning they had been travelling for 36 hours. And the final twist in the tale, the woman had just finished chemotherapy! And I thought my journey through France was tough.

Comments

Catherine M said…
Nice to have these sort of chats with fellow travellers. Did their positive attitude to life remind you of a certain mother-in-law Tony? It did me!😀

Popular Posts