Stage Five done



Well another very hot stage ride. I recorded 35 degrees on my bike device. The heat is getting to me a bit. After our last feed stop with 40/50km to go I am close to spent. I didn’t eat well today either so I must stock up tonight - sometimes I just don’t fancy what is on offer - I just want a bacon sandwich at 11am. Ooh the salt, the savoury taste.

There were 4 tough climbs hitting 12% in places. Some long exposed straights in the baking sun and fast descents. The latter helped me cool down. I was at the new hotel earlier so had some precious time to shower, chill and have a cup of tea. My room has a fridge so I can cool water for the night.

Some great French countryside on view today. What an amazing landscape. We were in a wine growing region again as well as huge arable fields. Counted 27 tractors I think and lots of strange machines for working the vines.

Mountains really begin tomorrow but hopefully as we go higher we will experience reduced temperatures.

A new thought, story for the day from me tomorrow.

I hope you are enjoying the read.

Tony

Comments

Wife said…
Yes, we are! Derek tried to post comments today, but had problems like others have had (including me). Pauline and Billy wish you lots of luck, as does Janet, Jane, Anne Marie and Bill (who are off to France themselves today) Kelda and..........the list goes on and is long....
Anonymous said…
Sounds like another tough day well done. That longed-for bacon sandwich is sadly missing from French cuisine. It is lovely country around that stage. The vinyard tractors and 'management' machines are quite something, especially the really high ones that straddle a row of vines. If only you could stop I'm sure the drivers would be chuffed by your professional interest.

Popular Posts