9 days to go

My bike has been serviced. A big thank you to Edinburgh Bike Co-op, Bruntsfield. Two mechanics had a ride and I think enjoyed the bike. This time I have a more appropriate gearing set up with larger cogs for getting up the mountains - I think I am going to need them.

It is a testing route this year and the climbing starts early - day 6 and from there the climbs get progressively bigger each day, but I am nevertheless going to enjoy it. All I will have to do is concentrate on cycling each day and I am so looking forward to being joined in Nimes by Liz and William on the second rest day. William will ride the Nimes stage with me - can't wait.

Thank you to everyone who has supported my fundraising - amazing. I have sold over 150 books recounting my experience of the 2015 tour. There will be plenty of time to donate if you haven't done so and I will tell you more about the charities soon.

I will be blogging everyday once I arrive in Brussels on 28th June. Please log in, there will be all sorts of news, facts, stories and Stato (Mark Earl) is going to be creating some interesting analysis of my journey. We are going to have some fun. You can expect photos, video, music, commentary and live life on tour coverage.

Share my site with your friends, comment and interact with me - it is fantastic for my motivation to know people are following me.

Tony on TdF 2019

Comments

Popular Posts